At Kerstiens Custom Builders, We Do More than Build Your House, We Build Your Dream Home
What separates Kerstiens Custom Builders from other home building companies? Our longstanding integrity combined with unwavering attention to detail. And that includes our focused adherence to your budget. Beginning with our initial contact, Kerstiens Custom Builders will help you determine the budget for your new home construction project. Whether you choose to build on your land or in one of our communities, such as popular Wind Song Estates, we can offer you numerous home plans to choose from. And you can be confident that with Kerstiens as your builder, you’ll never end up with an uninspired “cookie cutter” house—with your input, we can transform any of our existing house plans into the home that’s uniquely yours.
Kerstiens Custom Builders Creates Custom Home Designs to Suit Your Style
In addition to our many model plans, the experienced team members at Kerstiens have the expertise to be your custom home builders. Examples of our outstanding custom home designs are featured throughout the Jasper area, including Autumn Creek, Brookstone Estates, Trinity Crossing, Cambridge Estates, and Evans Brook Estates. Talk to our house building design experts about our capabilities for constructing custom homes to suit a range of budgets—whether we build on your lot or in one of our existing communities. We welcome your ideas and take immense pride in being known as the home construction company that transforms your concepts into living spaces you love.
Beautiful New Construction with No Ugly Surprises
When you choose Kerstiens to build a home, you have the freedom to express your creativity by making key selections through our preferred, certified, and trusted partners. Choosing among pre-priced items ensures adherence to accurate allowances for beautiful floor covering, cabinetry, lighting, appliances, and more—all with no unexpected cost overruns. We’re proud of our reputation as one of the region’s best home builders, and with each new house construction project, we provide a pre-construction contract to assure your budget is maintained.
Construction Specifications for Kerstiens Custom Builders
Many of our clients tell us their process for choosing a home builder begins with internet searches. They use phrases such as, house builders near me, or contractor Jasper, IN, as well as new build homes near me, or new build houses, plus other logical words, including new build homes. Although they each used various phrases to FIND specialized house building companies, clients often say it was our commitment to using quality processes and materials that helped them choose Kerstiens as their house builder.
When it Comes to Residential Construction, You KNOW We Mean Business
Our Construction Specifications Specifically Define WHY the Kerstiens Custom Builders Team Stands Out Among Home Builders:
- Concrete floor slab homes: Min 2 rows of 10 inch concrete block with one top row 6 inch concrete block. Foundation wall footings are minimum 24 inches wide by 10 inches thick with two number 4 rebars continuous and are set a minimum of 24 inches below grade. Min 1 ½” foundation insulation, crushed limestone fill compacted in place. Floor slabs are min 4 inches thick with fibre reinforcement poured on 4 mil poly vapor barrier. Termite pretreatment is applied prior to poly vapor barrier.
- Basement homes: 9 feet tall by 10 inches thick poured concrete walls with rebar reinforcing, brick like pattern on interior surfaces, waterproofing (transferable lifetime warranty to original buyer) on all exterior surfaces below finished grade.
- Exterior walls of living area are 2” x 6” Studs at 16” on center. Interior walls are 2” x 4” studs at 16” on center. All walls are nominal 8 feet tall (9 feet and taller are optional).
- Ceiling joists and roof rafters are 2”x 6” spruce at 16” on center (lengths vary depending on plan).
- Sheathing; roof deck is 7/16” OSB, wall sheathing is 7/16” OSB with house wrap.
- Floors are framed with (Pre-Engineered I-Joist) at 16” on center steel beams. Sub flooring is ¾” thick tongue & grooved OSB glued and screwed to floor joists.
Windows and Doors
- “Atrium” all vinyl double hung windows with full size screen and internal grilles
- “Atrium” all vinyl sliding patio doors with screen.
- “Masonite” pre-hung insulated steel clad entry doors.
- “Chamberlain” ½ HP screw drive electric door openers.
- “GAF” 40 year dimensional composite roof shingles over 15 lb felt is standard.
- Continuous 5” aluminum gutters, downspouts, fascia.
- Soffit panels are vented vinyl along eaves and solid vinyl on gables.
- Continuous vented roof ridges.
- 40 gal natural gas or 50 gal electric water heaters
- Three frost resistance hose hydrants.
- “Viega Fostapex” water tubing
- Recessed laundry washer boxes, ice maker connection boxes, dishwasher connections are all standard.
- Basements include rough-in for full future bath and storm water sump pump
Heating and Air Conditioning
- “Rheem” 95% efficient natural gas forced air furnaces complete with 13 SEER air conditioning or “Rheem” electric heat pump (Optional Geothermal systems)
- Insulated ductwork
- User friendly digital thermostats
- Light fixtures selected by the owner; standard allowance included
- Exterior GFCI receptacles front and back
- Telephone and cable TV wiring
- Smoke alarms per building code
- Bathroom exhaust fans
- Front entry door chime
- Customers walk thru with electricians and plumbers prior to drywall installation
- Blown cellulose in all exterior walls and attics: R-21 exterior 6” walls, R-40 living area and attics, R-21 garage ceilings
- ½” thick painted drywall; smooth finish on all walls and textured ceilings
- Drywall is liquid nailed and screwed to studs
- Drywall options include rounded corners and orange peel texture
- Concrete patio, driveway and sidewalks
- Brick, vinyl siding and stone facades
- Raised panel shutters
- Optional covered or screened porches and sun rooms
- Standard electric range, microwave and dishwasher are included
- Generous allowance is included
- Standard trim is painted MDF 4 ¼” baseboards and 2 ¾” casings
- Masonite 6 or 2-panel arch top pre-hung doors are standard
- Masterbrand Aristokraft cabinetry with plastic laminated countertops are standard
- Generous allowance is included
- Painted wire shelving in all closets
- Professional custom home design
- Customer walk thru finished home prior to closing
- Full time service technician on staff
- 2 year warranty to the original home buyer