- Concrete floor slab homes: Min 2 rows of 10 inch concrete block with one top row 6 inch concrete block. Foundation wall footings are minimum 24 inches wide by 10 inches thick with two number 4 rebars continuous and are set a minimum of 24 inches below grade. Min 1 ½” foundation insulation, crushed limestone fill compacted in place. Floor slabs are min 4 inches thick with fibre reinforcement poured on 4 mil poly vapor barrier. Termite pretreatment is applied prior to poly vapor barrier.
- Basement homes: 9 feet tall by 10 inches thick poured concrete walls with rebar reinforcing, brick like pattern on interior surfaces, waterproofing (transferable lifetime warranty to original buyer) on all exterior surfaces below finished grade.
- Exterior walls of living area are 2” x 6” Studs at 16” on center. Interior walls are 2” x 4” studs at 16” on center. All walls are nominal 8 feet tall (9 feet and taller are optional).
- Ceiling joists and roof rafters are 2”x 6” spruce at 16” on center (lengths vary depending on plan).
- Sheathing; roof deck is 7/16” OSB, wall sheathing is 7/16” OSB with house wrap.
- Floors are framed with #1 southern yellow pine spaced at 16” on center. Sub flooring is ¾” thick tongue & grooved OSB glued and screwed to floor joists.
Windows and Doors
- “Atrium” all vinyl double hung windows with full size screen and internal grilles
- “Vi-Win Tech” all vinyl sliding patio doors with screen.
- “Therma-Tru” pre-hung insulated steel clad entry doors.
- “Clopay” painted steel insulated garage doors
- “Chamberlain” ½ HP screw drive electric door openers.
- “GAF” 40 year dimensional composite roof shingles over 15 lb felt is standard.
- Continuous 5” aluminum gutters, downspouts, fascia.
- Soffit panels are vented vinyl along eaves and solid vinyl on gables.
- Continuous vented roof ridges.
- 40 gal natural gas or 50 gal electric water heaters
- Three frost resistance hose hydrants.
- “Viega Fostapex” water tubing
- Recessed laundry washer boxes, ice maker connection boxes, dishwasher connections
- are all standard.
- Basements include rough-in for full future bath and storm water sump pump
Heating and Air Conditioning
- “Rheem” 95% efficient natural gas forced air furnaces complete with 13 SEER air conditioning or “Rheem” electric heat pump (Optional Geothermal systems)
- Insulated ductwork
- User friendly digital thermostats
- Light fixtures selected by the owner; standard allowance included
- Exterior GFCI receptacles front and back
- Telephone and cable TV wiring
- Smoke alarms per building code
- Bathroom exhaust fans
- Front entry door chime
- Customers walk thru with electricians and plumbers prior to drywall installation
- Blown cellulose in all exterior walls and attics: R-21 exterior 6” walls, R-40 living area
- attics, R-21 garage ceilings
- ½” thick painted drywall; smooth finish on all walls and textured ceilings
- Drywall is liquid nailed and screwed to studs
- Drywall options include rounded corners and orange peel texture
- Concrete patio, driveway and sidewalks
- Brick, vinyl siding and stone facades
- Raised panel shutters
- Optional covered or screened porches and sun rooms
- Standard electric range, microwave and dishwasher are included
- Generous allowance is included
- Standard trim is painted MDF 4 ¼” baseboards and 2 ¾” casings
- Masonite 6 or 2-panel arch top pre-hung doors are standard
- Masterbrand Aristokraft cabinetry with plastic laminated countertops are standard
- Generous allowance is included
- Painted wire shelving in all closets
- Professional custom home design
- Customer walk thru finished home prior to closing
- Full time service technician on staff
- 2 year warranty to the original home buyer